Welcome to GWRRA WA-A. Come ride with us!
Here is what little info I have gathered, It was announced today, June 29th, during Wing Ding opening ceremonies that GWRRA
is voluntarily closing effective 12/31/2022. Until then it is business as usual.
This is not a bankruptcy, it is a voluntary closing.
At one point in the 45 year history of GWRRA, we were 82,000 members strong. Now we are down to 10,000 members. This is the last Wing Ding!
Our District Chapters will continue to operate as usual until the end of the year. Meetings and scheduled events are still active. If there are any
cancellations, we will let you know as they occur.
The home office in Phoenix will be operational through July 31st.
Membership benefits (Wing World, Rescue Plus, etc.) will end on July 31st.
If you have pre-paid your membership & Rescue Plus past July 31st, the amount will be pro-rated and sent to you automatically.
The GWRRA 1-800-843-9460 phone number will be active through September.
The September issue of Wing World will be the last. You should receive it in August.
Chapters & Districts can continue – with no oversite of a main organization. GWRRA’s insurance for events will continue through December
Wing Ding 43 in Shreveport was the final Wing Ding.
Our next gathering will be July 23rd.
Want to know what happened at the June 25th gathering?
Don't forget the Coming Events that are listed below.
June 2022 News Letter.
Our monthly breakfasts and gatherings are the 4th Saturday of every month.
We meet at the:
Golden Steer Steak'n Rib House.
23826 104th Ave SE, Kent, WA 98031
Restaurant opens at 8:00 am. Breakfast is at 8:00am. The Chapter Gathering starts at 9:00am.
Usually, a ride follows the gathering.
We need your input so we can keep you informed of upcoming rides.
There is a short form in the Forms area to the left.
Please print it, fill it in and then email it or give it to Harry or Don, your CD and ACD.
Going for a visit to a Local Chapter?
Would you like to know the approximate Distance and Riding time?
How far is it and how long is it going to take to get there?
From Tacoma ~ Click HERE
From Kent ~ Click HERE
Or, See the left Side Bar for further Information.
COMING EVENTS AND FLYERS
Where applicable, please, pre-register for upcoming events. Its like an RSVP to an invitation.
It gives the hosting chapters advance knowledge of how many riders intend to participate.
Upcoming Gatherings, Rides and Events are Pending unless otherwise noted.
Updates will be made as we are made aware of them.
Some Chapter web sites are no longer active or not up to date. The information we have is the most current we can find.
If you plan to visit a Chapter or participate in their event, it is advisable to contact someone on their chapter staff to determine if the
event will take place as scheduled.
Perhaps the WA District Website or Group Works will have additional info.
Here is some interesting info for you about GWRRA Nationwide District Events for 2022. Thanks to Harry for providing
- Jul 09 - WA-L (Kennewick) Gathering - Eat @ 9:00 am
- Jul 09 - WA-Z (Centralia) Gathering - Eat @ 8:00 am. New Time starting this month.
- Jul 16 - WA-E (Bellevue) Gathering - Eat @ 10:00 am
- Jul 16 - WA-N (Spokane) Gathering - Eat @ 10:00 am
- Jul 16 - WA-O (Port Orchard) Gathering - Eat @ 8:00 am
- Jul 17 - WA-I (Olympia) Gathering - Eat @ 8:00 am
- Jul 21 ~ 23 - Montana District Rally
- Jul 21 ~ 24 - NWC Rally "Wings in the Cariboo Revisited"
- Jul 23 - WA-A (Seattle) Gathering - Eat @ 8:00 am
- Jul 26 - WA-X (Vancouver) Gathering - Eat @ 5:30 pm
WA-X has two gatherings per month, the 1st Saturday and the 4th Tuesday of the month
Peachtree Restaurant & Pie House, 6600 NE HIGHWAY 99, Vancouver, WA, 98665, 360-693-6736
- Jul 30 - Five Aces Ride
- Aug 07 - Annual Packwood Chicken BBQ - All indications are that it is a GO! for 2022.
- Aug 18 ~ 21 - 36th Annual Buzzard Butt Buster
- Aug 20 - WA-O Whale of a Picnic
- August 26 ~ 28 - Arizona / Colorado / New Mexico / Utah (Multi District) 4 Corners Rally; Sky Ute Casino Resort, Ignacio, Colorado.
- Sep 25 - Anacortes Oyster Run
- Oct 29 - Five Aces Ride
- Nov 06 - WA-V (Auburn)
- Nov 24 - THANKSGIVING DAY
- Dec 25 - Christmas Day
- Dec 31 - Five Aces Ride
Last updated: 07/05/2022 @ 8:46 am PDT
E / Bellevue
I / Olympia
L / Kennewick
N / Spokane
O / Port Orchard
R / Walla Walla
V / Auburn
X / Vancouver
Z / Centralia - No Website