Welcome to GWRRA WA-A. Come ride with us!
Our next gathering will be August 28th.
Hey guys, the gathering this past Saturday, July 24th, was great. We had 21 in attendance;
Todd and Meredith, Don H., Mike and Pen B., Kevin A., Chris and Patty J., Gary B., Roselyn P., Dennis M., Visiting were Jerry and Mina G., Norm W. and Bill C. formerly of
WA-Q, Harry R. and Joe and Patti D. of WA-V, Ray A. of WA-I, Jim P. of WA-E and Mike Melton of SC-G
Mina G. won the 50/50 (AGAIN). The breakfast was delicious as usual. We hope to see you at the next gathering, Saturday, August July 28th.
Restaurant doors open at 8:00 am. Breakfast starts at 8:00 am.
Don't forget the upcoming events that are listed below.
July 2021 News Letter.
Our monthly breakfasts and gatherings are the 4th Saturday of every month.
We meet at the:
Golden Steer Steak'n Rib House.
23826 104th Ave SE, Kent, WA 98031
Restaurant opens at 8:00 am. Breakfast is at 8:00am. The Chapter Gathering starts at 9:00am.
With the state now in Phase 3, we can seat up to 24 people in our meeting room.
There is additional seating directly adjacent to the meeting room.
Usually, a ride follows the gathering.
We need your input so we can keep you informed of upcoming rides.
There is a short form in the Forms area to the left.
Please print it, fill it in and then email it or give it to Todd or Don, your CD and ACD.
The Washington State Department of Health reported that 68% of residents 16 and older had begun the vaccination process as of Tuesday morning, June 29th, 2021.
After over a year of restrictions put in place for the COVID-19 pandemic, Washington state fully reopened as of June 30th.
Starting June 30th, all businesses will be able to return to normal capacity and operations, something that hasn’t happened since the first stay-at-home order was
announced March 23, 2020.
Reopening means that, for the most part, the mask requirements, physical distancing requirements and capacity restrictions for venues and businesses will go away.
Bars, churches, concert venues, restaurants, movie theaters and more can return to maximum capacity.
However, businesses are still allowed to set their own standards which can include continuing to require a mask or keeping capacity lower
Going for a visit to a Local Chapter?
Would you like to know the approximate Distance and Riding time?
How far is it and how long is it going to take to get there?
From Tacoma ~ Click HERE
From Kent ~ Click HERE
Or, See the left Side Bar for further Information.
COMING EVENTS AND FLYERS
Where applicable, please, pre-register for upcoming events. Its like an RSVP to an invitation. It gives the hosting chapters advance knowledge of how many riders intend to participate.
Sorry to say, the WA District Rally is cancelled BUT there is a riding opportunity.
GWRRA Washington District 2021 Washington Counties Tour
- In lieu of the 2021 Washington District Rally, the Washington District Team is offering you a chance to do what we all enjoy doing; riding throughout the State of Washington.
$10 registration fee per person to be eligible for cash prizes.
Multiple cash prizes for the tour; $300 for 1st place, $200 for 2nd place, $100 for 3rd place, $50 for 4th, 5th, and 6th places.
For more info and the registation form, please click this LINK.
Another couple of riding Opportunities.
There was a Riding Opportunity here but...
The GWRRA Oregon Chapter I Dam/Covered Bridges Tour contest is now closed to new entrants. The date for the drawing of the grand prize has been moved up to
August 14. No need to rush and get pictures taken and sent in as all registered entrants will be entered in the drawing.
Did you need one more riding Opportunity? Here it is.
Upcoming Gatherings, Rides and Events are Pending unless otherwise noted.
Updates will be made as we are made aware of them.
Some Chapter web sites are no longer active. The information we have is the most current we can find.
Perhaps the WA District Website or Group Works will have additional info.
- Aug 05 - WA-V (Auburn) Gathering - - Eat @ 6:00 pm - Gathering @ 7:00 pm @ Denny's restaurant in Kent.
- Aug 07 - WA-R (Walla Walla) Gathering - - Eat @ 5:30 pm, Gathering @ 6:30 pm @ Peachtree Restaurant,
6600 NE Hwy 99, Vancouver, WA 98662
- Aug 12 - WA-L (Kennewick) Gathering - - Eat @ 8:00 am - Gathering @ 9:00 am @ Sterling's Restaurant, Richland, WA.
- Aug 12 - WA-Z (Centralia) Gathering - - Eat @ 9:00 am - Gathering @ 9:45 am. @
Ramblin' Jack's Ribeye.
- Aug 12 - OR-I (Oregon City) Meeting - - In Person Gathering Status Unknown
- Aug 19 - WA-E (Bellevue) Gathering - - In Person Gathering Status Unknown
- Aug 19 - WA-N (Spokane) Gathering - - Eat @ 11:00 am - Gathering @ 12:00 pm
- Aug 19 - WA-O (Port Orchard) Gathering - - Eat @ 8:00 - Gathering @ 9:00 am.@ Everybody's Restaurant - Doors open at 8:00 am.
- Aug 20 - WA-I (Olympia) Gathering - - Eat @ 8:00 am. Gathering @ 9:00 am @ O’Blarney’s Irish Pub.
- Aug 26 - WA-A (Seattle) Gathering - - Eat @ 8:00 am - Gathering @ 9:00 am.
- Aug 29 - WA-X (Vancouver) Gathering - - In Person Gathering Status Unknown
Last updated: 08/02/2021 @ 1:07 am PDT
E / Bellevue
I / Olympia
L / Kennewick - No Website
N / Spokane
O / Port Orchard - No Website
R / Walla Walla - No Website
V / Auburn
X / Vancouver
Z / Centralia - No Website
G / Salem
I / Oregon City